Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May 9, 2016 Leaving Odate and going to Miyako


We had another great week!!  Too bad it's the final week for Elder Sato and me in Odate.  Like they say it's time to move on.

I feel really satisfied with my work here in Odate.  I believe I accomplished my desire to turn around the culture here in Odate.  I thank the Lord for the opportunity to work and I mean really work.  Odate has some really great leads, great investigators, more dendou Fire, and great missionaries here!

And with that I am getting transferred to Miyako!!  My new companion is Elder Daniels.  I know him very well, we were in the same zone in the MTC and up until this last transfer, had been in the same zone in Japan.  I am really excited to go there and work with him.  Bad news, the Miyako house (not an apartment) is haunted.  Everyone in the mission refers to the  Miyako house as the ghost house.  Haha Everyone that knows me knows that I HATE scary things, so this transfer should be a fun one!!

This week we had a lunch/dinner appointment with an investigator who is progressing very well!  All he wants to talk about are his questions about what he has been reading in the Book of Mormon.  It is true the promises.  It's written in PMG, that the more you study the gospel the more you will want to learn and the more you want to change your behavior and actions.  This is Ishikawa San! He drinks heavily, the first visit he said that there was no way he could stop drinking, therefore no way to get baptized.  But since this last visit he said "I will get baptized if there is some way that I can stop drinking."  The gospel is true and can change hearts and minds!  With this I want to share a quote from Elder Packer also from PMG. "the study of the gospel will change behavior faster than the study of behavior will change behavior."

I am seeing this to be true with Ishikawa San.  My invitation is the same to everyone that I give a Book of Mormon to; read the scriptures little by little 10 minutes at a time and ponder what you read.  It's simple and easy.  Just do it please.

That is all just remember that God loves you and be willing to see the small miracles and blessings he gives everyday.

Have a good week everyone!

Happy Mother's Day

 Elder Halverson

ハルバソン長老~日本仙台伝道部
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment