Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6, 2016 - Opportunites


Everything went wrong this week.

-my comps bike broke right after a member lesson and right before an investigator lesson
-most of our investigators couldn't meet this week
-our investigator with a bap date was met by the other elders and apparently was a little drunk

This is the true highlight of the week!  Elder Daniels and I got a referral from a member this week.  (She is the member that always post pics on Facebook of the missionaries.  So mom you probably know her.)  She gives us the referral and sets up an appointment for us.  We get to the appointment and it is us and 2 members but the Q is not there.  We wait and wait and it turns out that the member doesn't actually know what this person looks like.  They have only met once before and it was 5 years ago.  Because she doesn't really remember what the person looks like see gets up out of her seat whenever somebody walks into Mister Donuts where we are meeting her.  Ok so this girl finally arrives and Fotoma Shimai brings her over to the table and she is a young girl that just graduated from college is awesome.  However, I am pretty sure that she doesn't know that we are missionaries.  The member didn't give us anytime to talk and introduce ourselves, she basically told her that we are volunteers who teach English and she may have slipped in that we teach about God, purpose of life, and happiness, etc etc.   Long story short it felt like we were on a blind date.  So that beats my record of blind dates at home of 0!    She accepted a return appointment and she is now a new Q!  So, Japan is great!

Let's end on a spiritual note.  I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week and read again a very popular scripture.  Ether 12:27

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

As missionaries we are coming into Christ and I'll be honest I am finding weaknesses left and right in myself.  But his grace is sufficient for all men (me) that humble themselves before him and the weak things that I see in myself can and will become strong!  I have been thinking recently how can I help Heavenly Father make my weak points strong points and its in the first part of the scripture, I will approach God in humility and listen to the spirit.  My invitation to everyone is just keep reading and applying the scriptures in your life. Keep studying. Keep reading.  Keep praying! 

Love you all!

 皆さん頑張ってください。今週は楽しかったですよ。ダニエルズ長老と私が宮古でいっぱい奇跡を見ています。宮古支部が大好きです。これから英会話の生徒と共にゴルフしに行きます。じゃね

 

Elder Halverson

ハルバソン長老~日本仙台伝道部







No comments:

Post a Comment