Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May 16, 2016: The Ghost House 宮古


Ok first of all, nothing to crazy has happened in the ghost house.  My first week I have slept like a rock.  My dad sent this scripture to me last week and it applies 1 John 4:4. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 

He is bigger in you than the boggy monster or the "ghosts" in the Miyako apartment.

 The last two days, all the missionaries in the Morioka zone and all the branches in the zone had a conference.  It was really good to get with all the friends, but the best part were the speakers.  We were blessed with a member of the 70 to come to the conference and he talked about not giving up on people.  When his father was younger, he was a less active and did not want to meet with the missionaries.  But the missionaries kept visiting and ask if he was home or not but he would lie to them and say he wasn't.  Finally the missionaries said your home right? Haha kinda with a joke and that lightened his heart.  Long story short, he was reactivated and now his son is a member of the Quorum of the 70.  It is a short story that goes a long way!  Don't give up on anyone especially yourself or the people around you.
 
This week was really a fun one, I don't know how to describe it!  Every day I was excited to just tell someone that I am a missionary and get to know them.  It is exciting to explain and apply a gospel principle to them and see how it can change their lives.  By doing that, we found about 6 new pis this week. It's true the promise that if you open your mouth, the words will come. It has just been awesome. For example last night we were coming home at like 8:40 trying to make it in time for reporting, when I passed a guy on my bike. I remembered that in our prayers earlier today, I had promised to talk to everyone. So I stopped my bike, got off and ran after the man. I told my comp that I was going to go talk to him, but the thing is that I didn't tell him that I was going to run.  I ran across the street, leaving Elder Daniels in the dust, just as the light was about to turn red, I caught up to him.  I talked to him a little and had a great conversation, however sadly to say he had no interest, but I had no regrets because I know he felt the spirit when we talked about God.

Really a fun week and I am really finding the joy in the work, the heat, and talking to random people.  It's been really fun this week!

Love you all and have a good week!!

 Elder Halverson

ハルバソン長老~日本仙台伝道部
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment