Thursday, October 8, 2015

October 8, 2015

Good News and General Conference

Konichiwa minasan こにちわみなさん

I hope that everyone enjoyed Gen Conf as much as I did.  I wish it would have lasted a little longer.  I just couldn't get enough.  I watched all 5 sessions in the gym here at the MTC and the spirit was unreal.  Especially though the hymns that were played.  After "How Firm a Foundation" was played I was misty eyed and I looked around at all the other Elder's in my District and Zone and were too so I didn't feel as bad that I was crying a little bit during a hymn.

I want to talk about the talk given by Elder Durrant (I think) about ponderizing, memorizing, and engraining a scripture into your mind.  I had never really thought about doing that before and now I am all for it.  I encourage all of you that read this email to do the same thing.

I choose Alma 36:3 3 "And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."
 
This has really been the scripture that has helped me the most in these last couple days because of my foot.  I know that if I put my trust in the Lord, I will be lifted and shown the path of what I am supposed to follow in order to learn and grow as a better person and missionary.  I know I have more things to learn here in the MTC before the people of Japan can hear the wonderful message of the gospel in Japan.

The other talk that was just amazing (there isn't another word for it) was Elder Holland's talks about Mothers.  I was sitting there and I was, ok this doesn't apply to me, I'm not a mother I don't have any kids.  I decided to listen anyway.  It was one of the best talks that I've heard in a very long time.  It's very true that they are second to the Lord in how much he loves each and every single one of His children, is the love that our moms have for us.  I could write more but I want everyone to read Holland's talk once more and or listen to it.  I love you MOM!!!   Don't worry Dad, I still love you too.

 I got my Katakana name tags too, so that's pretty sweet.

Just remember to have a good week with a positive attitude.  Always remember your Father in Heaven and your parents, especially your mom, loves you with all of their hearts.

sayonara  さよなら
Elder Halverson, Elder Walker and Elder Brooks
BTown Strong
 

 
New Tags

Note:

"Cubbies are taking it all just because of the Back to the Future movie.  It was predicted, so it is destined to happen."

On leaving with his group Monday: "No, I forgot to add that...I have to stay another two weeks, then fly out.  The worry was that I would break it there and then have to come back for surgery.  I have a follow up appointment on the 21st to be cleared to fly out.  It is all good.  I'm just like the old fashioned missionaries that had to stay for 12 weeks.  I'll be better at nihongo after this anyway."
 
Learning from the Doctor, he wouldn't be cleared to fly:  "When I got the news, I was really sad.  In fact, I started to cry a little bit just because I wanted to go to Japan so bad and get out of here.  But I think I've come to terms with it and I know that it's for the better.  No matter how hard it might be.  The foot is tender, I still have to use the boot.  I have to be very cautious.  The Doc did say that I had made great progress.  It was just a precaution. "

Seeing Larsen Brooks:  "I see him quite often around the MTC. Unfortunately, we are not in the same building."

Will he be alone at the MTC after Monday?:  "There is another Elder with a medical condition that has to stay here in the MTC longer.  He and I will probably be companions for the two weeks I have to stay."

I gave away all of your hoodies:  "Funny Mom, very funny."



 

No comments:

Post a Comment