Thursday, October 15, 2015

October 15, 2015

WHAT'S UP?!!!!
Examples are one of the most powerful things in this world; that is the total and complete truth.  Ever since I broke my foot here at the MTC, I always had the question in my mind on whether I would leave on time with the rest of my zone.  My District would always be positive and always say positive things and were uplifting in all that they did.   So when I couldn't go, I'll admit it has been hard to let go of all the missionaries in my zone because I'm going to miss them. I know I will see them all again when mission conference rolls around.  What is really amazing about this church is that we have the Book of Mormon,,  I know it's kinda obvious but it really is such a great book!!  I read Alma 36:3 again and it took on a new light.
3 And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.
We all need to put our faith and trust in the Lord.  Endure our trials well, with a smile on our face and we will be lifted up at the last day.  Those who endure their trials well will receive a bounty of the Father's blessings. 
Another huge and very important part of enduring trials well is patience.  I don't think I would have realized this if it weren't for you mom sending me the talks from conference.  I read every single one of the talks that you sent me.  The one I liked most was the talk given by Pres. Uchtdorf.  I believe that it is the same talk that was made into a Mormon Message. It is about how a Professor at Stanford University conducted a study where he put a marshmallow in front of children and told them they had to wait 15 minutes before they could eat it.  I recommend reading or watching it, if you can find it.  He goes on in the talk and says that good things come to people who wait.  It's hard to be patient in this world we live in now with fast food, instant messaging, and everything in the world is at our finger tips.  It can be read and uploaded at amazing rates of speed.    "Patience - the ability to put our desires on hold for a time".  It's a huge part of the Priesthood as well.  We are all on the Lord's time and He has a plan for each and every single one of us in this life.  Sometimes we think we should get what we deserve right this instant.  However, God might want us to learn one last final lesson and then all will be right with the world and we will realize why we had these trials and will be grateful for them and what we have learned from them.    He finally says at the end of the address that "the work of patience boils down to this: keep the commandments; trust in God, our Heavenly Father; serve him with meekness and Christlike love; exercise faith and hope in the savior; and NEVER GIVE UP.  The lessons we learn from patience cultivate our character, lift our lives and heighten our happiness."

I would ask all of you to read this talk and mark it up everywhere because it is a great one in deed.  Love you all and hope that you have a great week.  Stay positive and never give up!!!

 

Japan District before the Oct 12th departure





 
NOTES

-        My last comp would text his gf on his iPad during class and during the day all of the time.

-         New comp is from San Antonio, easy to talk to, really into video games and is outgoing.

-        The foot feels line with the occasional ache and pain.  Using a walking boot for now.  PT starts next Wednesday, after visit to the doctor

-        Since he and his (newest) companion are the only Japanese missionaries right now, they get one on one with the trainers along with a new program.

-          Got a little “trunky” when everyone left for Japan, but worked thru it

-        Found out last night at the temple with Taylor that he and Mitch have the same gray suit from Mr. Mac

-        Dodgers playing for their playoff lives tonight.  KC and Blue Jays are in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment