Friday, August 4, 2017

July 31, 2017: Take Me Out to the Ballgame


TAKE ME OUT WITH THE CROWD!  I'll just say it, this past Thursday a member took the 6 missionaries and our recent convert to the greatest game on dirt.  The home team lost to a score of 5-1 and apparently every time the missionaries go to a game the local "rakuten" team loses.  Idk if there is some funky juju that is linked with the missionaries.  But since the Cubs won the World Series last year, I have ceased to believe in curses and things of the sort.  Haha Well anyway it was a great blessing to go see the game and enjoy the atmosphere.

This week was great great as it always is.  Time is dwindling and as I reflect, all I think about is the good and how great it has been to be in every area and meet such wonderful people.  But it's not over till God says it's over and I haven't heard anything yet.

I had the opportunity to go to Tagajo this week for splits.  First of all if I can live in a place like Tagajo's apartment in the future it would be awesome cause that apartment is sweet!!  Anyway.  Elder Perez was my split comp and it was really fun working with him there.

It was really nice cause we were blessed with a lot of chances to teach on the street as we stopped people with riding our bikes.  We met a guy who used to go surfing with the missionaries 29 years ago and remembers all the teachings and the best part is that he wanted to talk with the elders again!  Pretty sweet right?  Surfing dendo works!! Lol

It has been a busy week, as it usually is.  We have been doing a lot of travel and splits.  Also been planning a lot for zone conference this coming week.  Just an update on the weather mom!  It is still hot and every time I leave the apartment I get really sweaty.  Remember the times I gave you a hug after football?  It is just like that and times it by 5. Haha Everyday is a blessing!  So happy for this opportunity, really been a life changer/saver.  The benefits and blessings are endless.  God lives and he loves us and I have the knowledge of that and how sweet is that!  I love you all and have a good week!

Elder Halverson

ハルバソン長老~日本仙台伝道部
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment