Monday, August 29, 2016

August 29, 2016: 120mph wind, Typhoon hitting tomorrow


Yep you heard it right a crazy huge typhoon is coming.  And it's going to be a fun experience.

So the week was a blast.  Elder Kudo and I hit the ground running and were busy all week.  We were bouncing around from different lessons and appointments for most of the week.   Because of that I don't remember anything specific and I also forgot my journal.  So I'll do my best.  Once again Elder Kudo and I almost got caught in a huge rain storm but luckily we were close enough to a ramen shop and it was dinner time so we quickly ran in and waited out the rain.  That day was way fun as well.  We found 2 new investigators and taught 6 lessons all in one day.  There were a couple of miracles right in a row, we were able to find new people when lessons fell through and we picked up some more new investigators.

Also had a split this week with Elder Pratt, he is a great missionary.

So we set out to see some miracles and we saw quite a few.  First, after a lot of biking up and down hills and housing, we bike up some more hills and we knock on the first house and it turns out to be the parents of some members that live in Utah and they used to be investigators of some past missionaries.  They were incredibly nice and gave us some food and stuff to take home.  It was interesting to learn that they, like most people, had some weird thoughts on Mormons.  One person thought milk was bad to drink and another didn't know that the real name of the church is LDS (... Latter Day Saints).  Also Elder Pratt and I received the gift of tongues because this family talked so fast it was unbelievable!  The Japanese can really talk fast when they get in the mood.  I am so excited to continue to teach them more about the gospel!! 

Well that is almost all that I remember.  I have loved reading the scriptures recently and know that the scriptures are certainly the word of God and that includes the Book Of Mormon!  I love you all and have a good week!

 

Elder Halverson

ハルバソン長老~日本仙台伝道部
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment