Monday, August 29, 2016

August 22, 2016: Typhoon rain, splits and Sapporo Temple dedication!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Hello everyone!  It's been a good week with many great experiences!  I can't believe how fast it goes.  It feels like just yesterday when it was last weeks pday.  Time flies and I've gotta use it while I can!  So this week was a roller coaster of events.  Monday, Elder Kudo and I are out trying to expand the area and house all remaining areas but as soon as we get there it starts raining and I thought it would stop but it didn't it poured down on us and needless to say we got pretty wet.  Because of that Elder Kudo got sick and was down all day Tuesday.  So Wednesday was basically like the rest of the week....busy!  Almost no time to do anything but work.  We were on a bus to Morioka for interviews at 9am and back at 5pm, just before a meeting we had.  So it was pretty fun, I always like busy.  Saturday I had splits with the zls and before that I was very excited for the opportunity.  I did tons of praying in advance so that I could learn a lot. And guess what, I did!  What I learn most from Elder Thompson was that I could see the love that he had for the people when we were talking to them.  It was amazing to see.  That entire day was a blast.  We saw some success and were able to have some fun along the way.  Later that day the Sapporo temple culture celebration was broadcast to specific places around Japan!

It was so cool!  The youth of Hokkaido (northern most island of Japan) put on a play about the history of missionary work and the church in Hokkaido.  I was so cool to see the Japanese saints fight through thick and thin of the WW2 era and when Christianity was banned all over Japan.  Now they have a 3rd temple in Japan.  I was watching that and just thinking how Heaven Father is watching over his children in all places and at all times.

The next day I participated in the dedication ceremony. Listing to talks given by the temple president (who is a convert) really impacted me.  He said multiple times how thankful he was for the work of the missionaries who found him and also all the others who made sacrifices to make all this possible.  It's truly a miracle, the temple in Sapporo, missionary work,  the members here in Japan.  This is truly the Lord's work because average 19-25 year olds could not do this on their own, producing these incredible miracles.  We can't do it alone, that is how I know that He is here and helping us!

I know that the temple is the house of the Lord and that families are forever and ordained by God!

 

Love you all and have a good week!!

 

Elder Halverson

ハルバソン長老~ζ—₯ζœ¬δ»™ε°δΌι“ιƒ¨
 










 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment