Saturday, August 29, 2015

Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Interesting story to start off this email. I keep on seeing people that I recognize and strangely enough the majority of the kids I see look like max. Hahah there are like 15 kids that look like max here at the MTC. Um there are a few kids that look like Easter island heads or handsome squidward hahaha it makes my day a little bit when I see those missionaries.

All the other missionaries in my district are getting sick and I'm the lone survivor. Which was really nice because me and another elder from my district were able to get one on one with the teacher for like 3 hours, it was really nice because I really need sentence structure with my sensei. It's just a process to learn this language, I might come the next day or the day after that. The MTC is a Petri dish, there are illnesses that have been swimming around here since the 80's.

On Tuesday, all the other missionaries from Bountiful that came in on the same day as me left for their missions.... Kinda sad but that's all good haha I need all the time I can et to learn this language. I'm starting to like the MTC. It's not as bad as most people make it sound, added bonus is that my district is the best.. Every morning we go play bball in the gym. It's the best and don't worry I'm still studying a whole lot!!

Oh btw I got transferred which is very rare in the MTC. My new companion couldn't stand his old one or something them there was a switch and now my new companion is elder packer from Draper, UT. I like him because we can relate with just about anything cause we played the sports same sports in high school. It's really nice because we both plan the lesson and ideas and Japanese are a lot easier to plan and teach the lesson. The gift of tongues is a real thing in can understand and talk in Japanese when we teach the lessons to our "investigators." It's great stuff.

Funny story of the week, during the devotional some elder airdropped Elder Fono (an elder on my district) some Katy perry, Taylor swift, and b.o.b songs! And a couple times during the week he asked Siri to read the note! HAha if you want a good laugh copy and paste a song from the Internet and put it in a note, then have Siri read it to you. It is the best stress reliever in the MTC.

Missionaries are doctors of the soul:
When we go to teach people we don't want to throw all this information our investigators, we need to cater to there needs. Become friends with the person, Ask questions to get to know the Just like a doctor! Doctors don't just go in and take one look and say you need to take this drug twice a day and the visit lasts five minutes, the doctor will cater to those needs of the patient/investigator saying where does it hurt, how bad does it hurt, and then prescribes mess to the patient after figuring out what is really needed. Thank you for all the letter and food haha the people in my district have really enjoyed them!! Thanks again! Two cool phrases I learned from the senpi (missionaries that have been
here longer)
My District

me and my new companion with junichi who is from Nihon
(Japan)that helps us with the language and teaching the nihonjin
(Japanese people)

Bakuhatsu shitte kudasai - please explode
Painto de kataku iku - go hard in the paint

No comments:

Post a Comment