Monday, November 21, 2016

November 21, 2016: Look through heavens eyes


This week has been another one for the books.  All week the unexpected happened.  For example, a split that was supposed to happen but didn’t, my bike breaking twice, and a lot of other things that I recorded in my journal.  

 

This week I’ve had fun teaching although teaching opportunities have been scarce.  However, we taught a bunch of seven, five, and three year olds about God and taught an investigator about God and the book of mormon.  Lastly, we taught another investigator about the Book of Mormon but this time we taught directly from the B of M stories book (the one that is for children, thanks Mom).  I gave it to him cause the actually book is too hard for him and his children to understand.  This made all the difference to them and I was grateful I had the book to share.  Anyway, he is a funny guy and fun to teach.  Always has something to say that is random.    

 

Another highlight this week was that I was blessed with the chance to have an interview with the man, President Smith.  He is incredible, I look up to him so much and in so many ways.  He gave me some great counsel on how to press on and encouraged me to always try to bring the spirit into my life which can be done by being a Christ-like example for others so they can see and feel the Holy Ghost presence.  kaicho is honestly the best.

 

Saturday and Sunday were all about stake conference.  The Sendai stake has a goal to have a temple built in the next 10 years.  We are going to need a miracle but I definitely can see it happening if the members and the missionaries work together a little more.  

 

Had a lot of eye opening experiences this week and I'd like to share one of those.  When I was waiting for the interviews to be over, I was talking to kuroda shimai and she told me that a lady Elder Kudo and I met while housing a couple months ago in Miyako is now an investigator of the sisters in Morioka. The cool thing is that she remembers that time we meet her and received something from us.  It made an impression on her and she looked until she found the sister’s in Morioka.  I testify that God really does guide everyone to the prepared or the prepared to the missionaries.  His ways are higher than our ways, we may not understand it all the time but he is always looking over us and has a plan for all.  I am grateful for this knowledge and I know the church is true.

 

Love you all


Elder Halverson 

ハルバソン長老~日本仙台伝道部
 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment