Saturday, September 12, 2015

Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 1:01 PM

This week has been a series of ups and downs. Probably the biggest thing I realized was humility was a huge part of being a missionary. Monday we have a thing called a TRC, which is basically like FHE, and all day I had been feeling pretty good with the language. I went into the first of two TRCs and I couldn't say anything. It felt as if I had my tongue tied and was unable to say anything. It was awful really. Thankfully, the guy we were teaching was a really nice guy and was helping us when we were both obviously struggling. I left that lesson just thinking, "This sucks. I can never learn the language and speak from the heart."  I was really kinda in the dumps. We went into the second one and my teacher told me how he loved this guy and he is one of his favorite people he had ever met. My comp and I went into the lesson and we are still trying to speak to him in Japanese and it was still a struggle. Then he stopped us and started to teach us. Normally, we are supposed to teach the people by the spirit, but this wasn't the case. This guy was teaching us through the spirit. Turns out, this guy is a return missionary that went to Sapporo and now he teaches Japanese at BYU. He started to talk about how we should never really worry too much about the language even though it's going to be hard. He told us about how Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father love us so dearly and to never forget that fact because he will never stop loving us. This whole time he was speaking Japanese and I could understand him. It was definitely an amazing thing to have the spirit teach us and testify to me the importance of God's love and what he does for us on a daily basis.

Sorry for the shortness of this email. I forgot to draft one this week and this story has been the only thing that has stuck out to me all week. Just wanted to let you know that I love you all and remember to read the scriptures and pray always.

ミチャル T ハルバソン Mitchell T Halverson

No comments:

Post a Comment