Monday, April 24, 2017

April 10, 2017: Aloha!


Ok everyone we got transfer calls yesterday and my beloved Elder Price is going to the far away land of Morioka.  I'm sad to lose him because he has been a great comp and even better person.  I've really been able to see things from another view point with him.  My new companion is Elder Fonoimoana from Hawaii!  We are the same age as far as transfers go.  We lived in the same apartment in the MTC and were in the same district and everything.  We know each of their pretty well ;) and we have the same trainer so that makes us step brothers!  So being in Tohokus Hawaii with a Hawaiian 🌺 really tops off the perfectness.  

This week we had a lot of walking.  Why is because one of the peddles on my bike broke and we are waiting for a new one.  The inside of the hole where the screw goes got completely sanded down to the point were it is smooth.  So we had a lot of walking.  Going really far distances takes all of our time.  So by the end of the week we were getting skunked.  Then Sunday night rolls around and we are shooting for the standard by finding two new investigators.  Well we found one and he said he had incredible interest and he wants to meet us at the church next Sunday for a lesson!  Small miracles is were the joy is.  And that capped of the conference weekend!

We are still in contact with Miyuu san and have a lesson today at 2:30 so we will see how that goes!  

Conference was great just as everyone said it was, I just had to wait to see haha.  Two of my favorite were Elder Choi and Elder Stevenson.  A little backstory,  Elder Choi is in my area presidency and Elder Stevenson lived with my mission president, President Smith, when they were both missionaries.  Both of them visited this mission last year!  Elder Chois talk was about the same as what he told us when he came!  Don't look around!  "LOOK UP OPEN YOUTH MOUTH AND DRINK IT,  THEN LOOK TO THE PEOPLE AND OPEN YOUR MOUTH!" And his classic "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, LIKE IT!"  He was very inspirational for me and other missionaries because of that "personal" connection, his talk really chimed like a bell for me.  

Lastly, I felt deep gratitude from watching elder Coasta's address.  I love hearing converts conversion stories, especially his.  He showed so much love for the missionaries that taught and baptized him it was touching.  I know Elder Coasta is saying in his mind "thank you for loving me enough to carry the message of the Lord to me!" "Thank you for LOVING me enough!" This is the work of the lord and if it doesn't happen in this life then I am convinced that we will be told those words by one or more people in the next life.  Jesus and God live and they love all of us!  

Have a great week!


Elder Halverson 

ハルバソン長老~ζ—₯ζœ¬δ»™ε°δΌι“ιƒ¨
 




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment