Monday, December 12, 2016

December 5, 2016: Hello Family


This past week was my beloved Elder Koide's last week.  To start of the week, I had a first time in my life/mission experience on Tuesday.  A 3 man split.  There was a lot going on last week that ended up in an Elder going home and making a 3 man in Izumi.  So when our split rolled around, I got paired up with Elder Hargadon and Elder Olivera (Brazilian but speaks perfect Japanese). It was fun and a great learning experience.

 

A member is taking Elder Koide and I out to lunch before he leaves.  I don't have much time because I have to pack as I am spending a few days in Izumi waiting for my new companion.  This will be short but I wanted to share one more thing.

 

Well to be honest Elder Koide and I only had an hour of work all week.  But during that one hour, which was spread out over a couple days, we were able to visit a less active and share pamphlets with people.  I was feeling pretty guilty like I let God down cause the time wasn't used the best. Our working time was cut drastically but when I was handing out pamphlets and telling people about the plan of salvation, all those negative feelings of guilt went away and brought peace.  Sharing the gospel really does bring peace and happiness. That is why I love being a missionary.  Helping people come to know the way to happiness, the way to Christ.  This Christmas season let's celebrate, worship and learn about Christ.  Go to Mormon.org/LighttheWorld and there are simple ways to be of service every day until Christmas.  I promise by doing the things that Christ did, you will light someone's day as well as your own.  I know that Christ is the source of light and He made it possible for us to receive that light.

Love you all and have a good week.

 

Elder Halverson

ハルバソン長老~日本仙台伝道部





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment