Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 26, 2016: Nonmember gospel principles class!


What a week!  It's been a great week here in Miyako Japan!  First of all we have been teaching a family and we set baptismal dates!  I wasn't there cause I was on splits and in the other area so I don't know a whole lot but we are very excited for it!!

This week we had zone conference run by our beloved mission president in Morioka!  It was awesome!  The theme of the conference was "being lead by the spirit!" During the conference President Smith said "We are all on missions because we have each had a small or even big impression sent to us thru the Holy Ghost to be here".  That got me thinking.  When the age change happened, I was a sophomore I didn't think much of it.  I was had been a 16 year old for 3 weeks.  But that time has had a big impact on me now that I think about it.  I watched the example of the then seniors get their calls and leave to serve.  Then the next group of seniors leave and then it was my turn, I was the senior now!  I reflected on that time and started to think what lead up to it.  The small things that pushed me up to that point.  Dad talking about how fun his mission was, same with other neighbors talking about it.  All saying that they never regret doing it.  That is what pushed me over the edge along with the help of my friends being the example.  They were getting themselves ready and prepped to leave.  But it hasn’t stop with the impressions.  I am not going to lie, there have been some really hard times, some really "discouraging times" ( when I say that I am sure that everyone has experienced it or at least knows someone) but it's the whispers of the Holy Ghost that have pushed me to the next day, next person, the next next!  I have been blessed with those whispering for my whole life but it's been these last three years that I have recognized it the most.  Especially my companions that I have had helping me to not give up and keep trying, keep studying and pushing.  The spirit is always there if you are willing to hear,  it's helping you out of the dark!  I know that to be true that it is always there trying to help and bring you up out of the darkness into the light!

Yesterday at church among all the companionships, we had a total of 4 Q'S at church!  For our area, that is amazing. It was kinda funny cause we wanted to try to teach all of them lessons at the same time which proved to be impossible.  So we had a nonmember gospel principles class with our 4 investigators and 4 missionaries, two recent converts, Smith Kaicho and Smith Shimai and a member.  It was way cool to see that we could pull off such a thing!  We taught the restoration to all of them and they were way excited and really participating and asking questions and all that good stuff.  We weren't able to get a new bap date with Kawame San but she did come to church and was really enjoying the lessons. 















Speaking of baptisms, we are going to have two next week!  The first is on Saturday where the other companionships q will be getting dunked and the day after is a members 9 year old girl!  And even better than that Saturday and Sunday there all day matsuris.  So we go to a baptism watch it and then go party for two days in a row. 

Transfer calls are coming next week so I'll be letting you know what is happening!  Love you all bye bye! 



Elder Halverson 

ハルバソン長老~日本仙台伝道部

No comments:

Post a Comment