Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February 6, 2017: 僕はもうおじいちゃんだ (I'm an old man)


Alright everyone,  it is ok if you don't take a break from your Super Bowl watching to read my email.  Now all you people just watching for the commercials, your missing out on the beauty of 300+pound men doing athletic things.  If you are that commercial only person, please watch the game!

 

I know most can't read the title so I'll explain it a little bit.  I am already an old man!  My body is probably not going to hold up these finally 6 months.  Most likely I will be limping down the ramp in August!!  I know that is just music to your ears mom! 

 

We continued to teach our investigator with a bap date.  However he did pull a couple no shows to lessons, but when we went to his house he always lets us in.  We had a little discussion about the Book of Mormon and baptism!!  Every time we visit he always says that he was close to a miracle!  I am not sure what that means but he said that he has felt this way ever since we found him.  Miura san is looking good too and he still has a bap date for after the transfer ends... cause of that I am kinda nervous about this transfer.  I've been here for a total of 4 so I feel like it's time...  :(. But idk yet cause still got 3 weeks.  Lets go nuts!

 

Also this week we had a mission tour with the President of the Area Presidency.  Elder Whiting came and did 2 conferences with half of the mission.  He said over and over that he is just an orderve (the thing you eat before the big meal) (BTW I AM FORGETTING TONS OF ENGLISH) because Elder Holland is coming in 2 weeks so he was just prepping us for it.  He shared a lot of stories and thoughts about his mission (In the Tokyo North, Now the Tokyo mission) and especially about having fun on the mission and the Savior.  He said that we can either enjoy or endure our mission.  We can choose to enjoy the cold of Sendai or endure it.  I'll be honest there have been some days where I have endured it.  Just for example I thought I was "enduring" my time being a young missionary where i didnt understand much of what was going on.  But I look back on that time and I know I enjoyed it.  I loved being a bean!!  It was way fun!  I am enjoying my mission and love serving the people in Japan.  They are great.

 

However, when you look back you know that some times were hard and challenging but you dont remember them specifically in fact the only things we remember perfectly are the good times that we all had.  So lets choose to enjoy our time so that we can have more memories!  So put on a smile and enjoy it!  Think positive

Sorry i am not good at righting letters but i am pretty good at telling stories from memory so just wait till i get home!!

 A few fun things.

I had ZL splits this week and got to be back with an old comp. ELDER DANIELS, it was way fun i loved it!  It was great to be back with that guy and work in Kamisugi!  The members are great!

Also when the Fam comes to get me after the mission.  A member said that she will hook me up with a place to stay in Tokyo which is right next to the temple.  Turns out that her son lives in this big house that we can stay in apparently!!  Way excited Mom, Dad and Syd??

 Finally we had a great guy named lee san come to church.  After we had a little sit down with him and he started to open up to us and said that before he meet the missionaries a few months ago he was this really lonely and really homesick, then he gets invited by the missionaries to church and he loves it at church cause everyone is talking about life and he feels so good when ever he comes!  He said that he believes that God helped meet this american missionary in japan of all places.  Long story short, he accepted the invitation to come back to church next week and learn about the plan of salvation!  It's even better cause this guys wife is christian and is coming to Japan in a few weeks!!  I'll keep you updated on his status!!

 Love you all and continue to watch fat guys doing athletic things!! The church is true and God loves you all!

 
Elder Halverson

ハルバソン長老~日本仙台伝道部
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment